- Having a short, heavy build; stout.
- Closely planted.
- a thickset wood; a thickset hedge
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Dryden to this entry?)
- (stout, fat): See also Wikisaurus:obese
thickset (plural thicksets)
- A thick hedge.
- A stout, twilled cotton cloth; a fustian corduroy, or velveteen.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of McElrath to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.