- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈtɔːtʃwʊd/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈtɔɹtʃˌwʊd/
- Hyphenation: torch‧wood
torchwood (plural torchwoods)
- (uncountable) Wood exhibiting fungal bioluminescence or foxfire.
- Synonym: foxfire (one sense)
- (uncountable) Wood used to make torches.
- (countable) A tree yielding wood suitable for making torches, especially a tree of the genus Amyris.
- (countable) A type of cactus, Cactus heptagonus.
wood exhibiting fungal bioluminescence
wood used to make torches