- (now rare, historical) Capable of growth and reproduction, but not feeling or reason (often opposed to sensible and rational). [from 15th c.]
- Pertaining to vegetables or plants. [from 16th c.]
- (wine) Having a grassy, herbaceous taste.
pertaining to vegetables or plants
vegetal (plural vegetals)
- (obsolete, chiefly botany) Any vegetable organism.
- This melancholy extends itself not to men only, but even to vegetals and sensibles.
vegetal m, f (masculine and feminine plural vegetals)
vegetal m (plural vegetais)
- vegetable (edible material derived from a plant)
- (figuratively) vegetable (person whose body or brain has been damaged so that they cannot interact with the surrounding environment)
- Relative to plants and vegetables
- Célula vegetal.