- Commanding respect because of age, dignity, character or position.
- 2013 July 20, “The attack of the MOOCs”, in The Economist, volume 408, number 8845:
- Dotcom mania was slow in coming to higher education, but now it has the venerable industry firmly in its grip. Since the launch early last year of Udacity and Coursera, two Silicon Valley start-ups offering free education through MOOCs, massive open online courses, the ivory towers of academia have been shaken to their foundations.
- Worthy of reverence.
- Ancient, antiquated or archaic.
- Made sacred especially by religious or historical association.
- Giving an impression of aged goodness and benevolence.
commanding respect because of age, dignity, character or position
worthy of reverence
ancient, antiquated or archaic