impression (plural impressions)
- The indentation or depression made by the pressure of one object on or into another.
- His head made an impression on the pillow.
- The overall effect of something, e.g., on a person.
- What is your impression of Beatles' music?
- A vague recalling of an event, a belief.
- I have the impression that he's already left for Paris.
- An impersonation, an imitation of the mannerisms of another individual.
- An outward appearance.
- (advertising) An online advertising performance metric representing an instance where an ad. is shown once.
- (painting) The first coat of colour, such as the priming in house-painting etc.
- (engraving) A print on paper from a wood block, metal plate, etc.
- under the impression
indentation or depression made by pressure
overall effect of something
metric representing an instance where an ad is shown once
Translations to be checked
impression f (plural impressions)
- an impression, the overall effect of something.
- the indentation or depression made by the pressure of one object on another.
- a print, print-out