- The replacement of stale or noxious air with fresh.
- The mechanical system used to circulate and replace air.
- An exchange of views during a discussion.
- The public exposure of an issue or topic.
- 1912, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Lost World:
- "No, Mr. Malone, I will place no restriction upon your correspondence, since the ventilation of the facts is the object of your journey; but I demand that you shall give no particulars as to your exact destination, and that nothing be actually published until your return."
- The bodily process of breathing; the inhalation of air to provide oxygen, and the exhalation of spent air to remove carbon dioxide.
- (medicine) The mechanical system used to assist breathing.
replacement of stale or noxious air with fresh
mechanical system used to circulate and replace air
exchange of views during a discussion
ventilation f (plural ventilations)
- ventilation: replacement of stale or noxious air with fresh.
- ventilation: mechanical system used to circulate and replace air.
- “ventilation” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).