write up (third-person singular simple present writes up, present participle writing up, simple past wrote up, past participle written up) (transitive)
- To write about positively.
- The paper wrote up the team's prospects.
- To document the faults of.
- His supervisor wrote him up after their last argument.
- To produce by writing.
- The supervisor wrote up the personnel report about him.
- This term is, usually, used only when the thing being written has been previously set, at least approximately. Thus, one can write up a report of events, minutes of a meeting, or a contract previously already agreed upon orally.