- (UK) enPR: rītʹĭng, IPA(key): /ˈɹaɪtɪŋ/
- (US) enPR: rītʹĭng, IPA(key): /ˈɹaɪtɪŋ/, [ˈɹaɪ̯ɾɪŋ]
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -aɪtɪŋ
- (uncountable) Graphism of symbols such as letters that express some meaning.
- (uncountable) Something written, such as a document, article or book.
- (uncountable) The process of representing a language with symbols or letters.
- (countable) A work of an author.
- (countable) The style of writing of a person.
- I can't read your writing.
- (as a modifier) Intended for or used in writing.
- a writing table
- (written letters or symbols that express some meaning): text
- (something written): document, text
- (process of representing a language with symbols or letters):
- (work of an author): work
- (the style of writing of a person): hand, handwriting
- (intended for or used in writing):
Terms derived from writing
written letters or symbols
process of representing a language
style of writing
made for or used in writing
Most common English words before 1923 in Project Gutenberg: expected · considered · proper · #758: writing · allowed · per · result