- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see write, down.
- 2011, Ada Leverson, Love's Shadow: The Bloomsbury Group:
- Good heavens, I can't write down to the level of the vulgar public!
- (transitive) To set (something) down in writing; to record something.
- (transitive) To write (something) in a simple or condescending style.
- (transitive, accounting) To make a downward adjustment in the value of an asset.
- (transitive) To condemn in writing.
to set something down in writing
to make a downward adjustment in the value of an asset