|Unicode name||GREEK SMALL LETTER DELTA|
See also Appendix:Variations of "d"
- (mathematics) A small increment or change in a variable.
- is a small change in variable
- (mathematics, calculus of variations) Denotes a small — rather infinitesimal — variation of the value returned by a functional and/or of the functions on which that functional depends. This symbol can also — along a similar vein — be used to help denote virtual displacement and virtual work.
- (mathematics) A small number, usually accompanied by ε.
- For any , there is a …
δ (lowercase, uppercase Δ)
- Lower case delta (δέλτα), the fourth letter of Greek alphabet. It represented in Ancient Greek a voiced dental plosive: IPA: /d/ and in modern Greek a voiced dental fricative: IPA: /ð/. It is preceded by γ and followed by ε.