- (UK) IPA(key): /dəʊ/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /doʊ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊ
- Homophones: do (music), doe, doh, d'oh
- A thick, malleable substance made by mixing flour with other ingredients such as water, eggs, and/or butter, that is made into a particular form and then baked.
- Pizza dough is very stretchy.
- (slang) Money.
- His mortgage payments left him short on dough.
mix of flour and other ingredients
- (transitive) To make into dough.
- The flour was doughed with a suitable quantity of water.