- Free from guilt, sin, or immorality.
- Bearing no legal responsibility for a wrongful act.
- Naive; artless.
- Harmless in intent.
- (with of) Having no knowledge (of something).
- (with of) Lacking (something).
pure, free from sin, untainted
not legally responsible for a wrongful act
harmless in intent
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
innocent (plural innocents)
- Those who are innocent; young children.
- The slaughter of the innocents was a significant event in the New Testament.
- Rhymes: -ent
innocent m, f (masculine and feminine plural innocents)