From per + ferō (“bear, carry”).
present active perferō, present infinitive perferre, perfect active pertulī, supine perlātum (irregular)
- I bear, carry or convey through to a place or to the end; bring home.
- I convey news, announce, state.
- (figuratively) I bear, support or endure to the end.
- (figuratively) I bear, suffer, tolerate, put up with, submit to, endure.
- (figuratively) I bring to an end, carry out, complete, finish, accomplish.
- (figuratively) I carry out, conduct, maintain, manage.
- (Ecclesiastical Latin) I bear the penalty of.
- perfero in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879