- hell (place where damned souls are eternally punished)
- 1908, L. L. Zamenhof, La rabistoj: dramo en kvin aktoj, Paris: Hachette, translation of Die Räuber by Friedrich Schiller, page 10:
- I carry, bring, put or throw into or to somewhere or upon something; insert; set fire to; offer, sacrifice.
- I bring to a place for burial, bury, inter.
- (of a tribute or tax) I pay, furnish.
- (military) I advance, march, move forward.
- (military) I bear the standards against the enemy, attack, make an attack upon.
- (figuratively) I bring forward, introduce; produce, occasion, make; conclude; import.
- (figuratively, with dative) I cause, inflict, impose.
Read in another language
This page is available in 13 languages