A horizontal line to be placed above other characters.
- (mathematics) Drawn over repeating digits.
- (geometry) Drawn over letters which represent a line segment.
- (mathematics) Indicates the complex conjugate of a complex number.
- (Roman numerals) Multiplies the value of a group of digits by one thousand.
- IV — four; IV — four thousand; IV — four million
- See ¯ for the macron, which is a diacritical mark used in multiple languages.
- ¯ (“macron, a line drawn over a letter in some languages”)