See also: dígit
digit (plural digits)
- A finger or toe.
- The ruminants have the cloven foot, i.e. two hoofed digits on each foot.
- A numeral that can be combined with others to write larger numbers, and that cannot itself be split into other numerals.
- The digits of the decimal number system are 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9, and those in the hexadecimal number system are those in the decimal system along with A, B, C, D, E and F.
- The number 2307 has four digits: the thousands digit is 2; the hundreds digit is 3; the tens digit is 0; and the units digit is 7.
- (slang, in the plural) One's phone number.
- That girl likes me — she gave me her digits.
- (archaic) A finger's breadth, commonly estimated to be three quarters of an inch.
- (astronomy) A twelfth of the diameter of the Sun or Moon; used to express the quantity of an eclipse.
- An eclipse of eight digits is one which hides two thirds of the diameter of the disk.
finger or toe
slang: one's phone number