しか (rōmaji shika)
- nothing but, only (with negative verb)
- Ganbaru shika nai.
- All we can do is keep on trying our best.
- (literally, “There is nothing but trying our best.”)
- Kuoriti ga takasugite honmono ni shika mienai.
- The quality is so high that it looks just like the real thing.
- (literally, “The quality is so high that I can't see it as anything except the real thing.”)
- aimai ni shika kataranakatta
- only spoke vaguely
- (literally, “did not speak except vaguely”)
- しか (shika) is always used with a negative verb; as such, another interpretation could be "except for".
|For pronunciation and definitions of しか – see the entry at 爾 with the following definitions.
(This term, しか, is a hiragana spelling of 爾.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of しか – see the entry at 鹿 with the following definition.
(This term, しか, is a hiragana spelling of 鹿.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of しか – see the following entries.|
|(This term, しか, is the hiragana spelling of several Sino-Japanese terms.)|