|For pronunciation and definitions of 国学 – see 國學 (“study of Chinese history, language and culture; sinology; etc.”).|
(This term, 国学, is the simplified form of 國學.)
|Kanji in this term|
- The study of ancient Japan, particularly the early Japanese classics, such as the Nihon Shoki and the Kojiki. Arose during the Edo period as a move away from the study of China.
- Note that this term means sinology in Chinese contexts.
- Schools established in the kuni or provinces of Japan under the old Ritsuryō system.
- In ancient China, schools established in the national capital.
- 国学 on the Japanese Wikipedia.Wikipedia ja
- Kokugaku on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Ritsuryō on Wikipedia.Wikipedia