part. indicates the successful result of a verb; to touch; to come in contact with; to feel; to be affected by; to catch fire; to fall asleep; to burn; particle attached after verb to indicate action in progress, like -ing ending; to make known; to show; to prove; to write; book; outstanding; to wear (clothes); to contact; to use; to apply; catch; receive; suffer
- (informal) Used to serve as a substitute for a verb phrase or a noun phrase; what, how, whatever
- Nǐ xiǎng zěnmezhe?
- What do you want? / What do you want to do?
- 不管怎麼著, 都不要開門!
- Bùguǎn zěnmezhe, dōu bùyào kāi mén!
- No matter what happens, don't open the door!
- 著 is often pronounced as zhāo in casual conversations.