Pictogram (象形) – a head “首“ (of a decapitated criminal) hung upside down, with the hair hanging down. The original form of 懸. Compare 辟.
Also Japanese shinjitai Simplified from 縣 (elimination of 系).
Actually simplified from 𥄉 (巛 → 小).
県 (radical 109 目+4, 9 strokes, cangjie input 月山女火 (BUVF), composition ⿱⿺𠃊目小)
- The original form of 懸
- The simplification of 縣 in Japanese
Exists as a traditional Chinese character, but not generally used in Chinese in isolation. In Japanese, used as simplification of 縣.
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 803, character 15
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 23210
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 4, page 2478, character 4
- Unihan data for U+770C
|For pronunciation and definitions of 県 – see 縣.
(This character, 県, is a variant form of 縣.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 県 – see 懸.
(This character, 県, is an ancient form of 懸.)
県 • (hyeon) (hangeul 현, revised hyeon, McCune-Reischauer hyŏn, Yale hyen)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text