- KangXi: page 869, character 26
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 25703
- Dae Jaweon: page 1298, character 34
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 4, page 2746, character 11
- Unihan data for U+7AC8
|Characters in the same phonetic series (圥) (Zhengzhang, 2003)|
|For pronunciation and definitions of 竈 – see 灶 (“kitchen range; kitchen; etc.”).|
(This character, 竈, is a variant traditional form of 灶.)
- This variant form is the name of the forty-fourth tetragram of the Taixuanjing (𝌱), as listed in the ancient text.
- In the first batch of simplified Chinese characters (1935), it was proposed for this character to be simplified as 灶. The simplification of 竈 to 灶 was finally approved in 1965 in mainland China. Note that in traditional Chinese (Taiwan), this character is classified as a variant form of 灶.
- Go-on: そう (sō)←さう (sau, historical)
- Kan-on: そう (sō)←さう (sau, historical)
- Kun: かまど (kamado, 竈); かま (kama, 竈); くど (kudo, 竈); へつい (hetsui, 竈); へっつい (hettsui, 竈)