Of native Korean origin.
- Phonetic Hangul[통]
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?
—통 • (-tong)
- suffix used to form nouns refferring to parts of the body
― heart (organ)
― throat, neck
Sino-Korean word from 桶 (“barrel, bucket”).
통 • (tong) (hanja 桶)
- barrel, bucket, cask, drum, pail, tub, vat
- 기름통 (gireumtong): oil drum
- 깡통 (kkangtong): can
- 목욕통 (沐浴桶, mogyoktong): bathtub
- 물통 (multong): water bucket
- 밥통 (baptong): boiled rice vessel
- 술통 (sultong): liquor barrel
- 연장통 (yeonjangtong): toolbox
- 필통 (piltong): pencil case