Sino-Korean word from 音訓, from 音 (“pronunciation”) + 訓 (“interpretation”)
- IPA(key): /ɯmβun/
- Phonetic hangeul: 음훈
- Romanizations: RR (transcription): eumhun•RR (transliteration): eumhun•MC: ŭmhun•Yale: umhwun
음훈 • (eumhun) (hanja 音訓)
- Reading the sound and meaning of a hanja together, "eumhun"
- Both the native translation and the archaic pronunciation of choice of a hanja, additively displayed in that order so as to help learn its meaning and sound.
- ^ 音読
- ^ 訓読
- ^ 解釈
- ^ Literally meaning the right phonetic representation for teaching people.
- ^ An additional advantage of hangul has been helping learn Han ideograms by easily adding the eumhun.