- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌbɹɒŋks ˈt͡ʃɪə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌbɹɑŋks ˈt͡ʃɪɹ/
Audio (AU) (file)
- (US, idiomatic) Synonym of . [from 1920s]
- 1921 October 19, The Washington Post, Washington, D.C., page 16, columns 4–5:
- Princeton's defeat by Annapolis is regretted here as the Staggs say if they win in the East it won't be held as such-a-much, whereas if Chicago loses the East will grin and give Western football the jolly old Bronx cheer.
synonym of raspberry — see raspberry