|English language editions of Wiktionary|
(Simple English) simple.wiktionary.org
|Wikipedia article about English language|
|Links related to English language in sister projects at Wikimedia Commons|
|English language considerations|
Reference templates (222)
|English language entry|
|Newest pages ordered by last category link update|
|No pages meet these criteria.|
|Oldest pages ordered by last edit|
|No pages meet these criteria.|
Fundamental » All languages » English
This is the main category of the English language.
It is spoken in American Samoa, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Ascension Island, Australia, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada, the Caribbean Netherlands, Christmas Island, Dominica, Fiji, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guernsey, Guyana, Hawaii, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Micronesia, Montserrat, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Puerto Rico, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, the Bahamas, the British Indian Ocean Territory, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, the Cook Islands, the Falkland Islands, the Gambia, the Isle of Man, the Marshall Islands, the Pitcairn Islands, the Seychelles, the Solomon Islands, the United Kingdom, the Philippines, the Turks and Caicos Islands, the United States, the United States Virgin Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Information about English:
|Edit language data|
|Language family||West Germanic|
Please see Wiktionary:About English for information and special considerations for creating English language entries.
- English (en)Collapse
- ├──── Afro-Seminole Creole (afs)
- ├──── American English (en-US)
- ├──── Angloromani (rme)
- ├──── Antigua and Barbuda Creole English (aig)
- ├───┬ Aukan (djk)
- │ └──── Ndyuka-Trio Pidgin (njt)
- ├──── Bahamian Creole (bah)
- ├──── Bajan (bjs)
- ├──── Belizean Creole (bzj)
- ├──── Bislama (bi)
- ├──── British English (en-GB)
- ├──── Cameroon Pidgin (wes)
- ├──── Canadian English (en-CA)
- ├──── Chinese Pidgin English (cpi)
- ├──── Grenadian Creole English (gcl)
- ├──── Gullah (gul)
- ├──── Guyanese Creole English (gyn)
- ├──── Hong Kong English (en-HK)
- ├──── Islander Creole English (icr)
- ├──── Jamaican Creole (jam)
- ├──── Krio (kri)
- ├──── Kriol (rop)
- ├───┬ Maroon Spirit Language (cpe-mar)
- │ └──── Kromanti (alv-kro)
- ├──── Ngatik Men's Creole (ngm)
- ├──── Nicaraguan Creole (bzk)
- ├──── Nigerian Pidgin (pcm)
- ├──── Pichinglis (fpe)
- ├──── Pijin (pis)
- ├──── Pitcairn-Norfolk (pih)
- ├──── Samoan Plantation Pidgin (cpe-spp)
- ├──── Saramaccan (srm)
- ├──── Shelta (sth)
- ├──── Tobagonian Creole English (tgh)
- ├──── Tok Pisin (tpi)
- ├──── Torres Strait Creole (tcs)
- ├──── Trinidadian Creole English (trf)
- ├──── Turks and Caicos Creole English (tch)
- ├──── Vincentian Creole English (svc)
- └──── Virgin Islands Creole (vic)
- Category:en:All topics: English terms organized by topic, such as "Family" or "Chemistry".
- Category:English appendices: Pages containing additional information about English.
- Category:English entry maintenance: English entries, or entries in other languages containing English terms, that are being tracked for attention and improvement by editors.
- Category:English lemmas: English lemmas, categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:English names: English terms that are used to refer to specific individuals or groups. Place names, demonyms and other kinds of names can be found in Category:Names.
- Category:English phrases: English groups of words elaborated to express ideas, not necessarily phrases in the grammatical sense.
- Category:Regional English: Categories containing terms in regional varieties of English.
- Category:Requests concerning English: Categories with English entries that need the attention of experienced editors.
- Category:English rhymes: List of indexes of English words by their rhymes.
- Category:Rhymes:English: Lists of English words by their rhymes.
- Category:English symbols: English written signs.
- Category:English templates: English templates, containing reusable wiki code that help with creating and managing entries.
- Category:English terms by etymology: English terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:English terms by usage: English terms categorized by the manner and context in which they are used by speakers.
- Category:Terms derived from English: Categories with terms that originate from English.
- Category:User en: Wiktionary users categorized by fluency levels in English.
This category has the following 40 subcategories, out of 40 total.
- en:All sets (5 c, 0 e)
- en:All topics (17 c, 0 e)
- English allusions (1 c, 27 e)
- English appendices (7 c, 121 e)
- English citations (2 c, 28982 e)
- English cognate expressions (0 c, 28 e)
- English deixes (0 c, 22 e)
- Early Modern English (0 c, 21 e)
- English translations (0 c, 33 e)
- English entry maintenance (15 c, 0 e)
- English figures of speech (11 c, 0 e)
- English filled pauses (0 c, 11 e)
- Given names from English by language (48 c, 0 e)
- English idiomatic construction prototypes (0 c, 7 e)
- Late Modern English (0 c, 1 e)
- English locatives (0 c, 105 e)
- English modules (1 c, 8 e)
- English non-lemma forms (7 c, 435380 e)
- English oaths (0 c, 15 e)
- Pidgin English (0 c, 2 e)
- Regional English (20 c, 457 e)
- English rhymes (31 c, 1587 e)
- Rhymes:English (6648 c, 0 e)
- English sentences (3 c, 534 e)
- English shortenings (8 c, 1 e)
- Surnames from English by language (16 c, 0 e)
- English symbols (6 c, 308 e)
- English templates (10 c, 11 e)
- English terms by etymology (67 c, 0 e)
- English terms by lexical property (8 c, 0 e)
- English terms by semantic function (9 c, 0 e)
- English terms by usage (56 c, 0 e)
- Terms derived from English (440 c, 0 e)
- English terms with placeholder "it" (1 c, 79 e)
- English thesaurus entries (0 c, 101 e)
- English timelines (7 c, 0 e)
- English translation hubs (0 c, 257 e)
- User en (11 c, 3659 e)
- Word of the day archive (0 c, 5343 e)
Pages in category "English language"
This category contains only the following page.