|Recent additions to the category|
|No pages meet these criteria.|
|Oldest pages ordered by last edit|
|No pages meet these criteria.|
This is the main category of the English language.
It is spoken in American Samoa, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Ascension Island, Australia, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada, Christmas Island, Dominica, Fiji, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guernsey, Guyana, Hawaii, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, Micronesia, Montserrat, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Puerto Rico, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, the Bahamas, the British Indian Ocean Territory, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, the Cook Islands, the Falkland Islands, the Gambia, the Isle of Man, the Marshall Islands, the Pitcairn Islands, the Seychelles, the Solomon Islands, the United Kingdom, the Philippines, the Turks and Caicos Islands, the United States, the United States Virgin Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Information about English:
|Language family||West Germanic|
Please see Wiktionary:About English for information and special considerations for creating English language entries.
- English (en)Collapse
- ├──── Afro-Seminole Creole (afs)
- ├──── American English (en-US)
- ├──── Antigua and Barbuda Creole English (aig)
- ├──── Aukan (djk)
- ├──── Bahamian Creole (bah)
- ├──── Bajan (bjs)
- ├──── Belizean Creole (bzj)
- ├──── Bislama (bi)
- ├──── British English (en-GB)
- ├──── Cameroon Pidgin (wes)
- ├──── Chinese Pidgin English (cpi)
- ├──── Grenadian Creole English (gcl)
- ├──── Gullah (gul)
- ├──── Guyanese Creole English (gyn)
- ├──── Islander Creole English (icr)
- ├──── Jamaican Creole (jam)
- ├──── Krio (kri)
- ├──── Kriol (rop)
- ├──── Maroon Spirit Language (cpe-mar)
- ├──── Nicaraguan Creole (bzk)
- ├──── Nigerian Pidgin (pcm)
- ├──── Pichinglis (fpe)
- ├──── Pijin (pis)
- ├──── Pitcairn-Norfolk (pih)
- ├──── Samoan Plantation Pidgin (cpe-spp)
- ├──── Shelta (sth)
- ├──── Tobagonian Creole English (tgh)
- ├──── Tok Pisin (tpi)
- ├──── Torres Strait Creole (tcs)
- ├──── Trinidadian Creole English (trf)
- ├──── Turks and Caicos Creole English (tch)
- ├──── Vincentian Creole English (svc)
- └──── Virgin Islands Creole (vic)
- Category:en:All topics: English terms organized by topic, such as "Family" or "Chemistry".
- Category:English appendices: Pages containing additional information about English.
- Category:English entry maintenance: English entries, or entries in other languages containing English terms, that are being tracked for attention and improvement by editors.
- Category:English lemmas: English lemmas, categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:English names: English terms that are used to refer to specific individuals or groups.
- Category:English phrases: English groups of words elaborated to express ideas, not necessarily phrases in the grammatical sense.
- Category:Regional English: Categories containing terms in regional varieties or dialects of English.
- Category:Requests concerning English: Categories with English entries that need the attention of experienced editors.
- Category:English rhymes: List of indexes of English words by their rhymes.
- Category:Rhymes:English: Lists of English words by their rhymes.
- Category:English symbols: English written signs.
- Category:English templates: English templates, containing reusable wiki code that help with creating and managing entries.
- Category:English terms by etymology: English terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:English terms by usage: English terms categorized by the manner and context in which they are used by speakers.
- Category:Terms derived from English: Categories with terms that originate from English.
- Category:User en: Wiktionary users categorized by fluency levels in English.
This category has the following 37 subcategories, out of 37 total.
- English deixes (0 c, 22 e)
- Given names from English by language (39 c, 0 e)
- English idiomatic construction prototypes (0 c, 7 e)
- English locatives (0 c, 104 e)
- English modules (0 c, 5 e)
- English non-lemma forms (7 c, 384908 e)
- English oaths (0 c, 15 e)
- English post-nominal letters (1 c, 24 e)
- English templates (10 c, 13 e)
- English terms by etymology (57 c, 0 e)
- English terms by lexical property (7 c, 0 e)
- English terms by semantic function (9 c, 0 e)
- English terms by usage (47 c, 0 e)
- Terms derived from English (381 c, 0 e)
- English terms with placeholder "it" (1 c, 76 e)
- English timelines (7 c, 0 e)
- English translation hubs (0 c, 200 e)
- User en (10 c, 3218 e)
- Word of the day archive (0 c, 4778 e)