Eichel (plural Eichels)
- A surname from German.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Eichel is the 35294th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 638 individuals. Eichel is most common among White (94.51%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Eichel”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, volume 1, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN, page 516.
From Middle High German eichel, from Old High German eihhila. Equivalent to Eiche (“oak”) + -el. The sense “glans penis” is a semantic loan from Latin glāns.
Eichel f (genitive Eichel, plural Eicheln)
- acorn (fruit of an oak tree)
- acorns (a suit in German and Swiss playing cards)
- (anatomy) glans
- Ellipsis of Peniseichel (“glans penis”).
- Ellipsis of Klitoriseichel (“clitoral glans”).
Declension of Eichel [feminine]
|German suits in German · das Deutsche Blatt (layout · text)|
|Herz, Rot||Schellen||Laub, Grün||Eichel, Eckern|