See also: kamerad
- (military) comrade, a fellow soldier
- comrade, a fellow, a companion
- (colloquial) a guy, a fellow
- (slang) a neo-nazi, a right-wing extremist
- Does not carry the association with socialism or communism that 'comrade' has in English. (See Genosse for the German æquivalent.)
- On the contrary, due to its primary usage as a military term, it is used a term of address among right wing groups and can be used as a moniker for their members. However, the association is not inherent to the word itself, which is a neutral term in regular usage, but rather understood from context.
- Kamerad has historically been used as a truce or surrender word.
Declension of Kamerad
- Kamerad in Duden online