Audio (AU) (file)
- (law) Initialism of .
- (linguistics) Initialism of .
- 2018, Clarence Green; James Lambert, “Advancing disciplinary literacy through English for academic purposes: Discipline-specific wordlists, collocations and word families for eight secondary subjects”, in Journal of English for Academic Purposes, volume 35, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeap.2018.07.004, page 109:
- To include part-of-speech (POS) information, the corpus was tagged using the CLAWS tagger.
- (retail) Initialism of or point of service.
- (computing) Initialism of .
- (navigation, aviation) Initialism of .
- (vulgar, of a person or thing) Initialism of .
- 2014, Harmony Rose, Married Under the Influence: A True Story, Bloomington, IN: Archway Publishing, →ISBN, page 78:
- I told him he is a POS for saying that to me (what a terrible thing to say to my husband! I am just as guilty sometimes for saying hurtful things), and how dare he try and hurt me in such a cruel way, telling me he hates me and wishing he could tell me he was unfaithful!
- (Internet, text messaging) Initialism of (i.e. observing the young user's conversation) (Can we add an example for this sense?)