- Of or relating to property or ownership.
- proprietary rights
- Owning something; having ownership.
- the proprietary class
- Created or manufactured exclusively by the owner of intellectual property rights, as with a patent or trade secret.
- The continuous profitability of the company is based on its many proprietary products.
- 1996, Michael Craig Budden, Protecting Trade Secrets under the Uniform Trade Secrets Act: Practical Advice for Executives, Westport, Conn.: Quorum Books, →ISBN, page 20:
- It was reported that the recipes for the secret sauce and grinder sandwiches were proprietary, known only to the current president of the corporation and the former owner of the restaurant.
- Nonstandard and controlled by one particular organization.
- a proprietary extension to the HTML standard for Web page structure
- Privately owned.
- a proprietary lake; a proprietary chapel
- (of a person) Possessive, jealous, or territorial.
relating to property or ownership
of or relating to the quality of being an owner
created or manufactured exclusively by the IPR owner
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
proprietary (plural proprietaries)