See also: Appendix:Variations of "vagina"
- (obsolete) A taxonomic genus within the family Solenidae – a species of clams, now Solen marginatus, formerly Solen vagina. [from 1811]
- (genus): Animalia - kingdom; Mollusca - phylum; Bivalvia - class; Heterodonta - subclass; Veneroida - order; Solenoidea - superfamily
- (genus): Vagina recta - sole species
- Vagina at Index to Organism Names
- Solen marginatus on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Solen marginatus on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
- Solen marginatus on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
- Solen vagina at World Register of Marine Species
- The plural Vaginen is officially standard, although Vaginas is widely predominant in general usage.
- The stylistic level of Vagina is similar to that of English “vagina”, although the German word is somewhat less current in the vernacular. Both Vagina and the loan translation Scheide are also used to include the vulva (as in English). In formal language, Schambereich or (dated) Scham are also widely used. There is much variation in the vernacular with Muschi possibly being the most common.
Declension of Vagina
- Vagina in Duden online