- A Chinese surname, from Chinese of various origins.
- A Korean surname, from Korean of various origins.
- A county of Hanzhong, Shaanxi, China.
- 1988, Robin D. S. Yates, Washing Silk: The Life and Selected Poetry of Wei Chuang (834?-910), →ISBN, LCCN 87-29642, OCLC 924980345, OL 2399586M, page 123:
- Liang and Yang were the names of two commanderies to the southwest of Ch'ang-an; Yang is the modern Yang county, Shensi, and Liang, the administrative center of Shan-nan West circuit, also known as Hsing-yuan, on the borders of Shensi and Szechuan.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Yang is the 290th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 106,033 individuals. Yang is most common among Asian/Pacific Islander (96.8%) individuals.
- Rhymes: -aŋ
Yang n (genitive Yang or Yangs, no plural)
- “Yang” in Duden online
- A surname, from Min Nan of Chinese origin.