abhorrence (plural abhorrences)
- Extreme aversion or detestation; the feeling of utter dislike or loathing. [Mid 17th century.]
- (obsolete, historical) An expression of abhorrence, in particular any of the parliamentary addresses dictated towards Charles II. [Late 17th century.]
- A person or thing that is loathsome; a detested thing. [Mid 18th century.]
loathsome person or thing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Lesley Brown (editor), The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, 5th edition (Oxford University Press, 2003 , ISBN 978-0-19-860575-7), page 4