- For a long time.
- He went on at length about his supposed qualifications.
- (formal or dated) At last, finally.
- She led us through the tunnels for some time, until at length we reached a small door in the rock.
- (archaic) In full; without omission or abbreviation.
- 1800, Francis Vincent, United States Register, page 4:
- The proceedings of Congress are not given, since they are inserted at length in the "Congressional Globe;" but the principal bills are noticed under the date of their passage.
for a long time