See also: Attic
attic (plural attics)
- The space, often unfinished and with sloped walls, directly below the roof in the uppermost part of a house or other building, generally used for storage or habitation.
- We went up to the attic to look for the boxes containing our childhood keepsakes.
- Synonym: loft
- (slang) A person's head or brain.
- Synonym: upper storey
- 1875, John Wight, Mornings at Bow Street (page 105)
- […] was a diminutive, forked-radish sort of a young man, very fashionably attired, or, as he would say, kiddily togg'd; and, though it was scarcely noon, he was rather queer in the attic; that is to say, not exactly sober.
space, often unfinished and with sloped walls, directly below the roof
- Obsolete form of .
Declension of attic