- (UK, US) IPA(key): /əˈɹaɪ/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -aɪ
- (nonstandard) IPA(key): /ˈɔ.ɹi/
obliquely, crookedly; askew
- Turned or twisted toward one side; crooked, distorted, out of place.
- The frame was awry.
- Wrong or distorted; perverse, amiss.
- There is something awry with this story.
- As an adjective, awry is almost always used as a predicate adjective.
- For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:awry.
- (misaligned): wonky (mostly UK)
turned or twisted toward one side
wrong or distorted; perverse, amiss