See also: back-track
backtrack (plural backtracks)
- the act of backtracking
the act of backtracking
- To retrace one's steps.
- I dropped my sunglasses and had to backtrack to find them.
- To repeat or review work already done.
- If we backtrack through this problem, maybe we can figure out where we went wrong.
- (aviation) To taxi down an active runway in the opposite direction to that being used for takeoff.
- Speedbird One: enter and backtrack Runway 27 Left.
- To exercise a racehorse around the racetrack in the opposite direction to that in which races are run.
retracing one's steps
reviewing previous work
taxiing the opposite way down a runway