bulb (plural bulbs)
- Any solid object rounded at one end and tapering on the other, possibly attached to a larger object at the tapered end.
- the bulb of the aorta
- A light bulb.
- The bulb-shaped root portion of a plant such as a tulip, from which the rest of the plant may be regrown.
- (nautical) a bulbous protuberance at the forefoot of certain vessels to reduce turbulence.
- (dated, neuroanatomy) The medulla oblongata.
rounded solid object
light bulb — see light bulb
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
bulb m (plural bulbs)