by way of
- By the route of.
- 2003, Kate Kondell (screenplay), Legally Blonde 2, spoken by Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon):
- My name is Elle Woods, Boston by way of Bel Air.
- From Shakespeare to Milton by way of the English Bible, our language has been shaped by humanist ideas.
- For the purpose of; as a means of; as an instance of; as a type or form of.
- By way of apology, he tried to be gallant.
- By way of qualification, I should point out that…
- (Britain, often followed by being) Possessing the characteristics, nature, or standing of; in the state or condition of.
by the route of, through, via
for the purpose of, as a means or instance of
possessing the characteristics, nature, or standing of
- by way of at OneLook Dictionary Search