- Having chunks.
- I ate a chunky bar of chocolate.
- 2012, Giuliano Hazan, Giuliano Hazan's Thirty Minute Pasta: 100 Quick and Easy Recipes, Open Road Media (→ISBN)
- They are traditionally served with meat sauces, but are also good with chunky vegetable sauces.
- 2017, Kieren Hawken, The A-Z of Atari 2600 Games: Volume 1
- The VCS version looks a little different with its chunky graphics and use of colours but the 112 game variations (yes you read that right!) more than make up for it!
- (euphemistic, of a person) Fat.
- I prefer chunky blonde girls to skinny brunettes.
- 2009, Dan Elconin, Never After, Simon and Schuster (→ISBN), page 112:
- “Nigel used to be chunky, huh?” “I was not chunky,” Nigel said testily. “I was just... hefty .
- 2011, Broxin Delano, Black Sparrow, BalboaPress (→ISBN), page 19:
- In sixth grade I was first propositioned by a chunky girl named Tijuana Downs. She called me on the telephone one evening and asked me if I would like to be her boyfriend.
- Of a cat: having a large, solid bodyline.
- The British Shorthair has a distinctively chunky body, dense coat and broad face.
euphemism for fat
- Alternative form of (Native American game).
- For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:chunky.