citation (plural citations)
- An official summons or notice given to a person to appear; the paper containing such summons or notice.
- The act of citing a passage from a book, or from another person, in his/her own words.
- An entry in a list of source(s) from which one took information, words or literary or verbal context.
- The passage or words quoted; quotation.
- Enumeration; mention; as, a citation of facts.
- A reference to decided cases, or books of authority, to prove a point in law.
- A commendation in recognition of some achievement, or a formal statement of an achievement.
an official summons
the act of citing a passage from a book
the passage or words quoted; quotation
a commendation in recognition of some achievement, or a formal statement of an achievement
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Inflection of citation
citation f (plural citations)
- “citation” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).