- (General American) IPA(key): /kəmˈpoʊzd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /kəmˈpəʊzd/
Audio (US) (file)
- showing composure.
- 1838 (date written), L[etitia] E[lizabeth] L[andon], chapter IX, in Lady Anne Granard; or, Keeping up Appearances. […], volume I, London: Henry Colburn, […], published 1842, OCLC 1000392275, page 116:
- A kiss of reconciliation settled the matter, and Lord Penrhyn again composed himself in his most composing arm-chair.
- 2011 June 4, Phil McNulty, “England 2 - 2 Switzerland”, in BBC:
- simple past tense and past participle of