demisexual + -ity
- IPA(key): /ˌdɛmiːsɛkʃuˈælitiː/
demisexuality (countable and uncountable, plural demisexualities)
- (of humans) The state of being sexually or romantically attracted only to people with whom one has a strong emotional bond.
- 2011, Holly Combs, "Labeling sexuality is not simple", The Maroon (Loyola University New Orleans), Volume 90, Number 10, 11 November 2011, page 6:
- Asexuality with the ability to experience romantic attraction should not be confused with demisexuality, which is somewhat similar.
- 2011, Midwest Bisexual Lesbian Gay Transgender Ally College Conference 2011 program, page 30:
- This workshop aims to be a comprehensive coverage of the basics about sexual orientation, gender identity, and LGBT topics with a special focus on asexuality and demisexuality.
- 2013, Adrienne Smith, "Cultural Fascination", in Relationships & Sexuality (eds. Elesia Askenazy & Melanie Yergeau), page 96:
- Demisexuality further complicates my orientation. Or, at the very least, demisexuality imposes more difficulty in describing my particular brand of queerness.
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:demisexuality.
- (sexual orientations) sexual orientation; asexual (-ity, ace), bisexual (-ity, bi), demisexual (-ity, demi), graysexual (-ity), heterosexual (-ity, straight), homosexual (-ity, gay, lesbian), omnisexual (-ity), pansexual (-ity, pan), plurisexual (-ity), polysexual (-ity), robosexual (-ity), sapiosexual (-ity), androsexual (-ity), gynesexual (-ity) (Category: en:Sexual orientations)