See also: dévotion
From Old French devocion, from Latin dēvōtiō, from dēvōtum + -tio, from the supine of dēvoveō (“vow, devote”); equivalent to devote + -ion.
devotion (usually uncountable, plural devotions)
- (uncountable) The act or state of devoting or being devoted.
- (uncountable) Feeling of strong or fervent affection; dedication
- (uncountable) Religious veneration, zeal, or piety.
- (countable, ecclesiastical) A prayer (often found in the plural)
- (in the plural, obsolete) Religious offerings; alms.
the act or state of devoting or being devoted
feelings of strong or fervent affection; dedication
religious veneration, zeal, or piety
devotion f (plural devotions)
- devotion (quality of being devoted)