- Containing an error; inaccurate.
- His answer to the sum was erroneous.
- Derived from an error.
- His conclusion was erroneous as it was based on a false assumption.
- His choice at the line-up was erroneous as he had only seen the mugger for an instant.
- (law) signifies a deviation from the requirements of the law, but does not connote a lack of legal authority, and is thus distinguished from illegal.
- Nouns to which "erroneous" is often applied: impression, assumption, belief, conclusion, statement, idea, data, view, opinion, judgment, notion, decision, interpretation, diagnosis, conception, theory, reading, instruction, ruling, assessment, doctrine, advice, value, application, thinking, perception, principle, concept, action, description, record, determination, teaching, inference, premise, conviction, reasoning, argument, exclusion, calculation, inclusion, treatment, deductions, analysis.
- (containing an error): inaccurate, incorrect, wrong
- (derived from an error): fallacious, false, faulty, flawed
- (mistaken): mistaken, wrong
- (legal: deviating from the requirements of the law):
containing an error; inaccurate