- That which comes from one's imagination.
- (literature) The literary genre generally dealing with themes of magic and the supernatural, imaginary worlds and creatures, etc.
- A fantastical design.
- (slang) The drug gamma-hydroxybutyric acid.
- → Czech: fantasy
- → French: fantasy
- → German: Fantasy
- → Malay: fantasi
- → Polish: fantasy
- → Swahili: fantasia
that which comes from one's imagination
slang: gamma-hydroxybutyric acid — See also translations at gamma-hydroxybutyric acid
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- (literary, psychoanalysis) To fantasize (about).
- 2013, Mark J. Blechner, Hope and Mortality: Psychodynamic Approaches to AIDS and HIV:
- Perhaps I would be able to help him recapture the well-being and emotional closeness he fantasied his brother had experienced with his parents prior to his birth.
- (obsolete) To have a fancy for; to be pleased with; to like.
- (transitive) To imagine; to conceive mentally.
fantasy f (plural fantasys)
fantasy n (indeclinable)
fantasy (not comparable)
- fantastical (of or pertaining to fantasy)
- (noun) fantastyka
- (noun phrase) fantastyka naukowa
- (adjectives) fantastyczny, fantastycznonaukowy
- (adverb) fantastycznie