forearm (plural forearms)
- The part of the arm between the wrist and the elbow.
- (firearms) A section of the weapon between the receiver and the muzzle, used to hold the firearm steady.
part of the arm
part of a firearm below and supporting the barrel.
- (transitive, sometimes figurative) To arm in preparation.
- 2013, Peter Marris, Widows and Their Families, page 20:
- But in so far as they were able to forearm themselves against the anxieties of bereavement, the loss may have been that much easier to face.