fuero (plural fueros)
- A code; a charter; a grant of privileges.
- A custom having the force of law.
- A declaration by a magistrate.
- A place where justice is administered.
- The jurisdiction of a tribunal.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Burrill to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for fuero in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)