- In a hasty manner; quickly or hurriedly.
- 1922, Ben Travers, chapter 5, in A Cuckoo in the Nest:
- The departure was not unduly prolonged. […] Within the door Mrs. Spoker hastily imparted to Mrs. Love a few final sentiments on the subject of Divine Intention in the disposition of buckets; farewells and last commiserations; a deep, guttural instigation to the horse; and the wheels of the waggonette crunched heavily away into obscurity.
- 1966, James Workman, The Mad Emperor, Melbourne, Sydney: Scripts, page 40:
- Eudemis moved hastily but as unobtrusively as he could through the gaping crowd[.]
- (obsolete) Soon, shortly.
- See also Thesaurus:quickly
in a hasty manner