See also: highpriest
- A clergyman with a higher function than a normal priest.
- In the history of the Hebrew Testament (Tanakh), the male person who was responsible for making the annual sacrifice on the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur). Always a descendant of Aaron the older brother of Moses.
- Jesus Christ.
- (Mormonism) The second-lowest office in the Melchizedek priesthood.
- Jake was ordained a high priest when he was called to be a counselor in a bishopric.
- A person holding a position of power or influence; an authority in a field of study, doctrine, art or a movement.
- (Wicca) A third degree (sometimes forth degree) male witch in Wicca.
male person who was responsible for making the annual sacrifice on the Day of Atonement
office of the Melchizedek priesthood
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.