- Capable of burning; easily set on fire.
- (figuratively) Easily excited; set off by the slightest excuse; easily enraged or inflamed.
- Inflammable can be misinterpreted as an antonym of flammable and so taken to have the opposite meaning to that intended. Where such confusion might arise, especially where this may be a safety hazard, one may prefer to use flammable or another synonym.
- (incapable of burning): fireproof, incombustible, non-flammable
- (easily excited): level-headed, unflappable,
capable of burning
inflammable (plural inflammables)
- Any inflammable substance.
- inflammable in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “inflammable”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911
inflammable m, f (plural inflammables)